BRD Gun Works LLC will gladly accept firearm transfers from other FFLs. In order to streamline your transfer, I have developed a few guidelines based on past history.
To make your FFL transfers easier, BRD Gun Works LLC is on file with the majority of popular online firearm retailers and brokers.
BRD Gun Works LLC is NOT a retail shop, but a custom shop that specializes in the AR platform, and is available by appointment only. I do ask that you contact me via email or phone call so that I know that you are having a gun delivered, and so that I can also get some basic information from you. If you receive a tracking number from the sender, please forward that number on to me. Since firearms usually are sent requiring adult signatures, this will allow me to make sure I am available when the package is delivered. It will also help in finding it if it has been re-routed to a pickup hub.
When placing an online order for a firearm make sure to check the FFL locator to make sure that BRD Gun Works LLC is listed. If it is not and you would like to have a firearm shipped to me for pickup, please contact me and let me know so that I can submit the business information and FFL to the appropriate person.
When a firearm is received and logged by BRD Gun Works LLC you will receive a notification phone call or email that it is ready to pick up. This may not be the same day that the firearm is received, but typically will occur within 1 to 2 business days. If you would like, you may call or email me about your status as well. Please don’t just show up.
Make sure that you have government issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport. The address on your ID MUST match your current address. If not I will not be able to transfer it to you until your address matches. You may read more about the ATF’s ID requirements here.
I take straw purchases seriously. Buying a firearm as a gift for someone is legally able to own a gun is ok, straw purchases are not. The person who pays for the firearm must be the same person who is picking it up. Learn more about straw purchases here.
I will make reasonable attempts to contact you when your transfer is ready for pickup. It is your responsibility to make sure your contact info is current and correct. Due to limited storage space, I can’t hold on to your stuff forever so please make sure to pick it up quickly.
By having a firearm sent to us for transfer, you agree to these terms:
- My fee for handling transfers is $25 for a handgun or long gun. At this time BRD Gun Works is NOT an SOT dealer. Therefore I cannot accept any NFA item transfers.
- All applicable fees must be paid before we start the paperwork and background check process. Fees are non-refundable due to denials.
- You must be legally able to own and be in possession of a firearm in order for me to transfer it to you. You must be willing fill out ATF Form 4473 and submit to a background check.
I reserve the right not to transfer a firearm if I reasonably believe:
- you are not legally able to possess a firearm
- you are attempting a straw purchase
- you are falsifying information
- intend to use it for a crime
- or you become unruly, belligerent, or disrespectful