One of many misconceptions about the AR platform is that all the parts are compatible and that no fitting or inspection is required. With as many rifles that come in for service, my experience has shown that this idea is incorrect.
As with all assembly processes. I gauge and inspect each individual part to make sure it is compatible with the rest of the system. Tolerance stacking or lack of quality control measures, especially across products from different manufacturers can lead to incompatibilities that will cause failures. Sometimes these failures occur immediately, other times it’s down the road when the right combination of factors such as when ammunition or environmental conditions push a gun over the edge. Many of the standard features included in the BRD Gun Works LLC Upper Assembly Service you will have to pay extra for from other shops.
Some of the included features are:
- Inspection and gauging of the individual components to identify problems and allow us to address them immediately- In house repairs are covered by this fee.
- Detailed technical packet of gauged components, what was inspected, any repairs that were made made, the amount and type of ammunition that was test fired, and a final inspection checklist- This provides values that can be used as a baseline to track wear over time.
- Polishing of the feed ramps.
- Buffer and spring recommendations that match your upper receiver configuration.
- Discounts on additional services like gas block pinning, bedding of the barrel, and pin/welded muzzle devices when added to your purchase.