I apologize! Things have been busy! BRD builds continue, preparation for vendor booths at tournaments, and it’s that time of the year where the deer hunters realize their AR’s don’t work and the shop gets flooded with service work. So the newsletter is a bit later than normal.
Fields are being harvested! Here in Iowa we are lucky and we get to hunt coyotes year round. While we are currently in bow season for deer, gun season is approaching and will be here before you know it. With that, other states are preparing to open their coyote seasons an/ or night time coyote hunting seasons.
The BRD guns have been out doing work. In the last 3 weeks my buddy Chad Dop and I have been out a couple times running stands. Here’s just a few that we’ve harvested with BRD AR’s!
2023 Fur Bearers Tournament Sponsor
BRD Gun Works LLC is a sponsor of the 2023 Fur Bearers Tournament in Iowa! We will have vendor tables at the weigh-in. So if your team is competing, come find us after your weigh-in! The tournament starts January 27th 2023 at 4pm thru January 29th with weigh-in at 12pm on January 29th. Interesting in competing? Check out the flier.
R&D on BRDGW Barrels Continues
Work has been progressing on the R&D of BRD Gun Works barrels. Custom reamers have been made by JGS and others for customized chamber dimensions as well as custom cartridges. Testing on various twist rates has been taking place, and continues to do so. Testing and data collection has consisted of range testing as well as actual field testing. I’m looking forward to progressing to more field testing this fall and winter. A big thanks goes out to all of the individuals who have helped, and continue to help, with the testing. At the current time the plan is to have a few select offerings in the first quarter of 2023!
Invictus Pro Large Frame AR
The BRD Invictus AR Series brings performance and features that are usually only found in custom rifles. These large frame precision AR’s are built for the predator master that demands a rock solid platform that will perform flawlessly.
Invictus Pro Features:
- 7075- T6 billet receivers
- Lightweight SLR rail
- JP low mass bolt carrier
- SLR nitride adjustable gas block
- JP bolt headspaced to an SPR contoured 416R stainless steel barrel
- Your choice of an XLR Industries TR2 or B5 Precision Stock.
- The XLR TR-2 skeletonized buttstock brings a reduction in weight while retaining strength and full adjustability.
- The B5 Precision stock takes all the stability of a fixed stock, combines it with the versatility of an adjustable carbine stock, and includes full adjustability.
- A JP Silent Capture Spring buffer system
- Provides consistent lockup paired with the JP LMOS.
- This system design eliminates friction that standard buffer assemblies have.
- Your choice of Fire Control Group
- HiperFire Eclipse trigger
- Calvin Elite 1.5lb single stage trigger
- Triggertech Diamond 1.5-4.0lb trigger
- Forward Controls Design ambidextrous 50° short throw selector
- Smooth and very durable
- Very minimal movement of the levers you positively know what position it is in without looking
- Provides you with the ability to run either length of levers on either side for ultimate comfort to fit your style of shooting
- Forward Controls Design QD very durable end plate that is made from 4140 steel
- Forward Controls Design castle nut that allows for the staking to displace more material into the notches by being longer and deeper
- A Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle
- Rear charge only
Gas Ring Quick Check
I see a lot of marginal gas rings on guns that come in for service. Here is a quick check for 3 piece gas rings that you should do each time you service your AR. This isn’t the end all be all for gas ring checks though, but it will aid you in catching gas rings that are on their way out.
Some Recent BRD Builds
Check out some of the AR’s that have gone out the door to their new owners. Are you ready for yours?
Left: Custom Build- 6.5 Grendel
Top Right: Customized Invictus Carbon Elite- 22-250
Bottom Right: Salient Pro- 6.5 Grendel